Lutheran services were started in 1898 by Pastor Aimstein of St. John's, Charter Oak. On December 11 of that same year a Constitution of the Church was signed by 11 members. The small congregation meet in the Methodist Church. At that time & date our church was considered part of the Missouri Circuit.
The first Church was built in 1901 at the present location and was a small frame structure. In May of 1907 St. Paul’s was incorporated as St. Paul’s German Lutheran Church.
January 12, 1916 - A memorial donation of $1036.00 stimulated ideas of building a new Church.
1916, March 19, The Church is to be built of brick. Altar was to be inside the church proper and not extended. The basement will be fully under the Church.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church 303 E. 4th Street Ute, IA 51060
Church Number: 712-885-2221 Fax Number: 712-885-2020